Got Questions? Well, here are the answers to our most commonly asked questions! If you don't see your question here, please don't hesitate to check out our Contact Us page to reach us!
1. How do I correctly place an order?
Before adding the desired item(s) to your cart, you must choose a hardware option by selecting from the drop-down menu. You have many options as described below (*Note-some items only have certain hardware options, or are ready to ship as-is.)
If the hardware is not changed once adding to your cart, by default, your items will ship to you on a one-size-fits-all nude nylon headband if we are unable to contact you. If two of the same size/style are purchased and no hardware is chosen, we will ship them as pigtail clips (one right, one left) on alligator clips with non-slip grip. Please double check that you have chosen the correct hardware for your needs.2. Please explain the difference between the hardware options; how do I choose?!?
There are different needs for everyone, therefore, we offer a few options. Let us explain...
- Alligator Clip with non-slip grip is a simple metal alligator clip that will always be lined with ribbon. A special material is added to the underside of the clip that will help it stay in the hair. This clip is typically best for fine hair.
- Alligator Clip with teeth is a simple metal alligator clip but it has teeth on the underside of the clip. The clip will always be partially lined with ribbon. This clip does not require a non-slip grip as the teeth on it will dig deeper into the hair securing a strong hold. This clip is typically best for thick or curly hair.
- Double Prong Alligator Clip with silicone grip is a metal clip that is wider than the two clips noted above. The clip does not get lined with ribbon. The grip is silicone making it hold hair very well. This style works on most hair types.
- One-Size-Fits-All Nude Nylon Headband is a very stretchy nylon band that accommodates all head sizes from newborn to adult. At this time, we only offer nude as a colour option, unless an item is ready to ship and an alternate colour has been used.
- Other options that are available by request are: ponytail holder, No-Hair Grip Clip (for babies), extra long alligator clips with teeth.
3. Shipping...what is your turnaround time, when will my order ship, shipping fees, and what do I all need to know about shipping in general?
- Orders are processed in the order in which we receive them, so our typical turnaround time is 1-3 weeks from payment, but please check the website header and your order confirmation email for the most up-to-date TAT. We strive to have your order ship sooner than this timeframe, however, we have a little family that requires our attention, as well as a part time job outside the home, we give ourselves a little extra wiggle room. During busy seasons such as the holidays, our turnaround time may also increase because of a higher amount of orders.
- If you are local to Saskatoon or surrounding area and you prefer to pickup, choose Porch Pickup or Joyne pickup at checkout to create Free Shipping. You will receive a notification once your order is complete, and all pickup details are noted in that email, including our address. If pickup is Joyne, the confirmation email will be sent once your order is at the Joyne front desk. Keep an eye on your emails and do not hesitate to reach out with any questions!
- Once the package is dropped off at the post office, we are no longer in control of how long the package will take to get to you as we are not able to foresee any delays due to circumstances beyond our control, customs delays, wrong shipping address, etc. Please triple check your shipping address before paying for your order. Lettermail/Flat rate email does not include tracking or insurance, and we are not responsible for replacement if your order gets lost once it leaves our hands. If you want tracking and insurance, please choose Tracked/Expedited Parcel Shipping at checkout.
- We will be truthful on any customs declarations and list exactly what is in the package. The buyer is responsible for any customs or import fees. We are not responsible for any delays due to customs.
Canadian Shipping: Packages are shipped either as Oversized Lettermail or by Expedited Parcel. Flat rate packages are shipped Lettermail and do not include tracking or insurance. Expedited Shipping and/or tracking & insurance may be added at our own discretion, but is not explicitly included. Flat rate packages may include one or more lettermail parcels. Lettermail packages are typically received within 2 to 10+ business days depending on your location and Canada Post's current capacity. Lettermail service does NOT include tracking or insurance and choosing this shipping option is up to your discretion. Expedited Parcel does include $100 insurance and tracking, and sometimes a guaranteed arrival date depending on Canada Post's capacity. Expedited packages are usually received within 1-3+ business days based on our experience, depending on your location. We are not responsible for lost or stolen packages once it leaves our hands and items will not be replaced/refunded if Tracked/Expedited shipping is not chosen at checkout.
- US/International Shipping: For USA addresses, packages are shipped via USA Air-Small Packet, and international packages are shipped International Surface - Small Packet; these options do not include tracking or guaranteed arrival dates. We are not responsible for lost or stolen packages once it leaves our hands. Please let us know if you would like to add tracking and/or insurance and we can get you a quote.
- If you require a RUSHED order and faster shipping for a guaranteed arrival date, please email email@example.com BEFORE placing your order to be sure we can accommodate your request. Orders are not guaranteed to be rushed until we have accepted the request, otherwise, orders are processed in the order received and within our order timeframe.
I placed an order yesterday and another today - are you able to send together in the same package and combine shipping?
- Absolutely, provided that the first order hasn't been processed and packaged, it is no problem to combine your orders. Orders will be automatically combined if we notice this. If there is a large shipping overage owed, you may be invoiced for additional shipping costs.
We do not accept custom orders for styles that we do not currently offer. If it is a request in a style we do offer and as long as we have the appropriate materials and colours you are wanting, as well as the capacity to accommodate, we may be able to help you. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with info such as requested colours, style, age of recipient, and any other pertinent info and we can see what we can do! Discounts are not eligible for custom orders and turnaround time will vary. We cannot guarantee we can accommodate every request. We hope you understand.5. What are my options if I have many headbands with bows but we are now using only clips?
Most headbands can just be cut off and a clip may be attached instead. If you would like to mail the headband to us, we would gladly do that for you for a nominal fee. Please email email@example.com to inquire about this.6. What types of fabrics do you offer?
We offer a huge variety of fabrics including glitter fabric, vegan faux leather, different types of felt, faux suede, lace, and printed cottons (many are organic), Liverpool, knits.... You may see some floral pieces, burlap, embellishments using clay, rhinestones, tulle, etc....we have so many beautiful fabrics to choose from.
7. Can you make me a Disney or Marvel, Licensed character, Trademarked logo, Sports team, etc. bow?
Unfortunately because of copyright/trademarked items and other legalities, we are unable to offer this type of product. If you would like a custom bow made with the colours of your favourite character to perhaps match an outfit, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will see if we can help you with that request.
8. How do I care for my bow?
We recommend spot clean only. Try dampening a cloth with water and wiping the area first. If that doesn't work, you may try using a soft toothbrush and gently scrub the stained area. Use warm water and a drop of dish soap. After that, use warm water to get all the soap out. Pat to dry as best you can and reshape your bow and lay it on a flat surface to completely dry. Store your bows flat or hanging, and try not to crush to preserve shape. Headwraps can be cared for differently, please see the Headwrap Collection page for care instructions.
Because I have to protect my product, assets, family, and business, when you place and pay for an order, you agree to the following:
- We are not responsible for delayed, lost, or stolen packages once your items have been transferred to the post office. If you would like insurance on your package, please email us at email@example.com to discuss other shipping options and costs (Packages shipped to Canadian addresses include $100 insurance).
- Hardware/finishing options are selected when adding product to your cart. If this option is not changed once adding to your cart, by default, your items will ship to you on an average sized nylon headband or alligator clips with non-slip grip if we are unable to contact you. If choosing two of the same size and style of bows, they will be automatically shipped as pigtail clips (one right, one left) if not chosen at checkout.
- Please note that glitter and any prints are printed at random and fabric placement may vary. The item pictured could potentially be ready to ship or made to order, hence why the pattern placement may change. Glitter may flake minimally. Try not to crush to preserve shape. Please only spot clean with a damp towel or cloth and air dry. Submerging or using harsh cleaning soap/detergent may ruin your bow. Placing the bow in extreme temperatures may also cause issues such as warping, melting, cracking, etc.
- I make every attempt to edit my photos to show a true colour reflection of the product to the best of my ability; however, due to monitor and device colour settings, I cannot guarantee that the listing is a 100% true colour reflection of the product. NO refund/return/exchange if the colour is not to your standards. We do our best to reflect the true colour(s) of the products.
- All sales are final due to the nature of the product. However, if there is an issue with workmanship, please contact me via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a description of the issue along with a photo of the item within 48 hours of delivery. Because quantities of fabrics are limited, an exchange may not be possible but an agreed upon replacement of equal value will be used. If an item is oversold (we do our best to not have this happen) we can offer a refund or replacement of an item that is mutually agreed upon.
- CAUTION: Products may contain small parts and please keep out of reach of children and pets. Please do not leave child/pets unattended while wearing or near any hair accessory as it may pose a choking, strangulation, or suffocation hazard. Please supervise children/pets at all times while wearing and remove while sleeping, in a carseat, or any other time there may not be supervision available. By placing an order and submitting payment for your product from Prairie Princess Bowtique, you are agreeing to the above statement and release any and all liability and/or other legal claims toward me.
When you support a small business, an actual person does a little happy dance and you are buying a piece of their heart. <3